Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In the beginning-how we met (beware of the internet dating sites)

We met on an Internet dating site. It seemed harmless enough. I was divorced, getting back out there- so to speak. I emailed and chatted with many men on that site. I actually ended up making a couple good friends from that experience, however, I did meet my ex on the dating site. Eventually, I came to find out that's how he met "all his women".

We exchanged a few messages and quickly started to web cam. I thought he was cute, charming, funny. We started to communicate almost daily for many months.  I thought I was getting to know him very well before actually meeting him. I liked it because I felt with the distance between us, it was giving me time to know him before anything physical could even transpire. I looked at it as a good thing.

We met after almost 2 months of getting to know each other. I felt comfortable enough, and was looking forward to it.  We lived 250 miles apart. He invited me to come to his place for the weekend. I excepted. I arrived before he got home from work. When he pulled up I looked at him and smiled. He smiled back. He came up to the steps and took my hand, and smiled. My heart melted. He said, "I am so glad you are finally here", and then he kissed me with the most passionate kiss I have ever had for a first kiss. It was the start of, what I thought, finally finding my soul mate.

We had dinner and wine, we talked and laughed. He was very attentive. A gentleman the entire evening. His sense of humor was awesome. He could take just about any story that's ordinary and make it funny as hell. I was really enjoying his company. My biggest concern with meeting him was wondering if there would be any chemistry. That question had been in answered. There was electrifying chemistry! 

The weekend was great. I really enjoyed spending time with him- I didn't want it to end. I was sad when it was time to leave, actually fighting back tears. I sensed he was not as emotional as I was about my leaving, but I over-looked it. I over looked a few different things during that first visit that should have been some MAJOR red flags, if only I had paid attention to those flags early on, I may not have wasted almost 4 years of my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment