Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First Lie Uncovered, more to follow...

Here were some early warnings that I dismissed. First off, on his profile on the dating site he said he was a non smoker. I, at the time was trying to quit and had that posted on my profile. During those months that we spoke he never told me he smoked. And the day that we finally met, and I had not smoked in almost a week again, when I kissed him, I could smell it on him. FIRST LIE. Since I was struggling with breaking the habit, I didn't consider it a big deal at the time. I questioned him as to why he lied on his profile, his answer was that he wanted to quit and thought if he met someone and ended up in a relationship it would give him the extra push he needed to actually do it.

I don't want to put too many of the lies that happened over the years quite yet-but there were MANY!!!

Before I left after meeting him that first time in person, I asked him "are you going to continue on the dating site?", of course I wanted to know if he was as interested in getting to know only me as I was him. He responded "I can only focus on one woman at a time", leading me to believe we were on the same page. 

Also, during my visit he would tell me something and then stop and say "oh, I already told you that-didn't I?"  When actually he had not told me. That was a major missed flag. The reason he couldn't remember what he had or had not told me was because he was communicating with LOTS of different women on MANY different sites-unknown to me at the time.

Be cautious of dating on-line and what flags to look out for from the start. As I get into more of my story, I will share some common ones and not so common flags that I experienced

No comments:

Post a Comment